UnitedHealth Care Vision Plan
HCEA’s current vision program is provided by United Healthcare (UHC). Open Enrollment runs each year from June 1st through June 30th. During this time HCEA members can enroll in the program. Members already enrolled can make changes to their plan. Current plan participants that do not need to make any changes in their coverage will be automatically renewed.
Please complete and return both enrollment forms:
- United Health Care Vision Enrollment/Change/Cancellation Form
- Payroll Deduction Form (must accompany enrollment form)
- Coverage Plan Changes (for example: changing from a Spousal Plan to a Family Plan)
- Name & Address Changes
- Change in Status (for example: Marriage, Birth of New Child, Adoption, etc.). Please note, during the regular policy year, you have a 30 day window from the date of change in status to make a coverage plan change. For instance, you get married and want to add your spouse to your coverage. You have 30 days to contact us and add the spouse. After 30 days, you will have to wait until the Open Enrollment period to make the change.
For more information on vision coverage, please review the following brochures or visit the UHC website at MYUHC.
If you decide to enroll in the program, please keep in mind:
- The program is only available to HCEA members and their families.
- Payment must go through payroll deduction, but it is not a pretax dollar deduction.
- The vision plan is only available to current & early enrollment HCEA members.
- The open enrollment period is from June 1st-30th. All applications & changes must be returned by end of business day June 30th.
- New enrollments or plan changes will not take effect until your new/renewal policy effective date, September 1st of the new school year.
- UHC does not issue individual member identification cards, however you are welcome to print one from their website. Your provider may use your SSN and date of birth in order to verify coverage with UHC through their automated system. Currently enrolled members do have the option to visit “MYUHC” and obtain more information on their plan coverage.
For more information or questions, please call or email Lisa Cover at (410) 838-0800 or [email protected].